The clients of JMD Training and Consultancy range from large corporate organisations, through to large government departments, SMEs such as firms of solicitors and marketing companies, right though to restaurants, home-based companies and private individuals. We train housing associations and college staff. We have also trained for charities, to whom we offer a 10% discount.
Our clients include:
- Microsoft Access training – from Prime Group to Rockdale City Council
- Microsoft Excel training – from TransGrid to Symantec
- Microsoft PowerPoint training – from IBM to Australian Institute of Management
- Microsoft Project training – from Ortho Group Pty Ltd to Max Build, from SBS Television to International Synergies Ltd
- Microsoft Outlook training – from Boston Consulting Group to I-MED Network
- Microsoft Word training – from Bartier Perry Lawyers to NSW Teachers Federation
- Crystal Reports training – from NSW Department of Education to Wendy Wu Tours
- Office 2010 upgrade training – from Tresscox Lawyers to NSW Teachers Federation
- Project Management training – to organisations such as local councils
- Train the Trainer training – from library staff to ….
- Report Writing training – from Mission Australia to Breville
- Minute taking training – from Industry and Investment NSW to CSIRO
….. we could have included loads more but you get the picture.
Case Study – Fisher Meredith Solicitors
We were approached by Fisher Meredith in March 2010 by their HR Manager who wanted to update the IT skills of the firm. The solicitors would not find it easy to attend conventional computer training courses as they had to put in six hours of chargeable work each day. We were therefore asked whether we could go into the firm on a regular basis giving two two-hour and one one-hour training workshop in a day, with any additional time being spent in helping individual staff or floorwalking.
We therefore devised a series of workshops including
- Time Management using Microsoft Outlook
- Creating and using Microsoft Word forms
- Using the Fisher Meredith Word Style Guide and Templates
- Using Word Mailmerge
- Tracking Changes in Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word Tables, Tabs and other Formatting
- Formatting Long Documents in Microsoft Word
- Short Microsoft Excel workshops
However, on discovering that the majority of the firm were still using Office 2000, we decided that it would be more beneficial if they upgraded to Microsoft Office first. This was done in stages; as each group had Office 2007 installed, we went in for the day, gave 2 hour Microsoft Office 2007 upgrade workshops, floorwalked to answer any questions arising and installed various individualised Word templates such as letterheads and fax headers.
Once everyone was upgraded, we started on the above series of workshops and also gave 1-1 training to those most requiring it.
This year we have been back in to give a day’s tailored Microsoft Excel training to the Costings department, making improvements to their workbooks to improve their efficiency.
Future workshops include Back to Basics training for those who have always used a dictating service to more advanced workshops in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.