Introduction Microsoft Excel
If you’re looking for really great Introduction Microsoft Excel training you’re in the right place.
Companies large and small choose us – why? Your own tailored, Introduction Microsoft Excel training course, at your own premises at the same price as a standard course from elsewhere.
The JMD Training difference is clear:
- We come to you – your Microsoft Excel training will be given on your site
- You get to keep the manuals – Introduction Microsoft Excel training manuals are provided as PDFs
- We can train using your own Microsoft Excel workbooks
- There will only be people from your company on your course
- We offer a money-back guarantee if any delegates are not completely satisfied
- The training date is around you, not us!
- Our prices are astounding
- We can assess all learners in advance for free
- Our courses are never cancelled
For example, you may have been working on several Excel workbooks, but have now finished for the day. You want to close all open workbooks, saving the changes in each of them. With the workbooks open, hold down the Shift key and click the Close button at the top right of the Excel Title bar. A box appears asking whether you want to save changes to the active workbook. Click Yes To All to save changes to all workbooks and close them all.
|Course Type||Cost per day|
|1 to 1 training||$495 + GST|
|2 to 3 delegate||$895 + GST|
|4 to 5 delegates||$1295 + GST|
|6 to 8 delegates||$1595 + GST|
Prices are PER DAY, and NOT per-person! E.g. if there’s 5 people on the course, you pay $1295 + GST.
Other Microsoft Office training courses
For further details, please fill in the contact form. If you are ready to book, please fill in the contact form with your first and second choice of date – if we cannot accommodate these dates we will arrange a mutually convenient date within 24 hours.
Aims of the Introduction Excel course
This course aims to introduce delegates with little or no understanding of the Microsoft Excel software to the basic features of the package.
On completion of the course delegates should understand and be able to accomplish basic operations associated with developing, formatting and using a spreadsheet. They should also be able to accomplish standard mathematical and logical operations using basic formulae and functions. They should also be able to use some of the more advanced Microsoft Excel applications such as importing objects, and creating graphs and charts.
The course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run
This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Delegates attending the course should preferably have a basic understanding of the Windows environment and use of the keyboard and mouse.
First Steps with Microsoft Excel – opening, creating a new spreadsheet, saving, closing, using Help functions, converting documents, compatibility checker, switching between open worksheets and workbooks
Adjusting Basic Settings – changing spreadsheet view mode, using the zoom tool, Quick Access toolbar, freezing and unfreezing row and/or column titles, modifying basic operations in Excel such as username and the default directories for opening and saving workbooks
- Inserting Data – entering a number, date, text in a cell
- Selecting Data – cells, range of adjacent or non-adjacent cells, rows, columns
- Copying, Moving, Deleting
- Editing Data – Inserting additional cell content, replacing existing cell content, using the undo and redo buttons
- Finding and Replacing
- Rows and Columns – inserting rows and columns, modifying row height and cell width, deleting rows and columns
- Sorting Data
Handling worksheets – inserting a new worksheet, renaming a worksheet, deleting a worksheet, copying worksheets, moving worksheets
Formulae and Functions
- Arithmetic and Logical Formulae – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard error messages
- Cell referencing – relative cell referencing, absolute cell referencing, mixed cell referencing
- Working with Functions – SUM, AVERAGE, MINIMUM, MAXIMUM, COUNT, IF
- Formula Autocomplete
- Formatting Numbers and Dates – number of decimal places, commas to indicate thousands, number of zeros after the decimal point, date styles, currency, percentages
- Formatting Cells – text size, bold, italic, font type, underline, double underline, font colour, text orientation, wrapping text, cell background colour, format painter
- Formatting Cell Ranges – centring and aligning cell contents, centring a title over a cell range, adding border effects
- Cell styles
- Applying table formats
Charts and Graphs
Using charts/graphs – producing different types of graphs and charts to analyse data, editing or modifying charts or graphs, changing chart type, moving and deleting charts or graphs
- Worksheet Setup – modifying worksheet margin settings, adjusting worksheet setup to fit one page, adding a header and footer, changing document orientation, page size, etc.
- Print Preview and Page Break Preview
- Applying automatic title rows printing on every page of a worksheet
- Printing Simple Worksheets – using print options, previewing a spreadsheet, printing a spreadsheet or a worksheet, printing part of a worksheet or a pre-defined cell range