Intermediate Microsoft Access
If you’re looking for really great Intermediate Microsoft Access training you’re in the right place.
Companies large and small choose us – why? Your own tailored, Intermediate Microsoft Access training course, at your own premises at the same price as a standard course from elsewhere.
During your Intermediate Microsoft Access training, you will increase your skills in the design of Access tables, forms, queries and reports. You will also discover how to create Access table relationships for ease of data input and output.
The JMD Training difference is clear:
- We come to you – your Intermediate Microsoft Access training will be given on your site
- You get to keep the manuals – Intermediate Microsoft Access training manuals are provided as PDFs
- We can train using your own Microsoft Access databases
- There will only be people from your company on your course
- We offer a money-back guarantee if any delegates are not completely satisfied
- The training date is around you, not us!
- Our prices are astounding
- We can assess all learners in advance for free
- Our courses are never cancelled
|Course Type||Cost per day|
|1 to 1 training||$495 + GST|
|2 to 3 delegate||$895 + GST|
|4 to 5 delegates||$1295 + GST|
|6 to 8 delegates||$1595 + GST|
Prices are PER DAY, and NOT per-person! E.g. if there’s 5 people on the course, you pay $1295 + GST.
Other Microsoft training courses
For further details, please fill in the contact form. If you are ready to book, please fill in the contact form with your first and second choice of date – if we cannot accommodate these dates we will arrange a mutually convenient date within 24 hours.
Aims of the Intermediate Access course
This course aims to give delegates a greater understanding of MS Access.
- On completion of the course delegates will have improved their skills in using Microsoft Access. They will be able to:
- Use field properties for protection
- Understand table relationships and referential integrity
- Create multi-table queries
- Use calculations in a query
- Design custom entry forms
- Design custom reportsThe course is of one day’s duration.
How the course is run
This instructor-led course has a hands-on approach, with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills they learn at the computer.
Familiarity with the Windows environment, and a basic knowledge of MS Access.
Displaying the Access database
- The Navigation pane, customising the Navigation pane
- Database display
Table design – fields
- Applying and modifying data types such as text, memo, hyperlink, currency, date and time in a field
- Understanding the consequences of modifying data types such as text, memo, hyperlink, currency, date and time in a field
- Creating and editing a lookup in a field
- Creating and editing a validation rule in a field
- Creating and editing an input mask in a field
- Applying and modifying default values in a field
- Setting a mandatory field
- Fields with multiple values
- Understanding the basis for creating a valid relationship
- Creating a one-to-one or a one-to-may relationship between tables
- Understanding and modifying a many-to-many relationship between tables
- Applying inner, outer and self joins
- Applying and using referential integrity
- Applying automatic deletion of related records
- Relating or joining data when designing records
- Adding fields to tables
- Field templates
Microsoft Access Query design
- Grouping information in a query
- Using a crosstab query
- Using wildcards in a query
- Using arithmetic and logical expressions in a query
- Using bound and unbound controls
- Creating and editing a combo box, list box, check box and option groups
- Inserting a data field to appear within form header or footer on the first page or all pages
- Stacked and tabular layout controls
- Inserting a data field to appear within report header or on footers on the first page or all pages
- Forcing page breaks for groups on reports
Importing, exporting and linking data
- Importing text, Excel, csv, etc, documents into an Access database
- Exporting data in Excel, txt, etc. formats
- Linking external data to an Access database